I am so honored you dropped by for a visit! If you were sitting here in my living room, I would offer you some good Canadian tea or Tim Horton’s coffee. I am currently doing life in South Carolina but I grew up in Canada, where I met my husband, Darren, and where our son, Noah, was born. I enjoy the opportunity to nurture new friendships, allowing God to knit our hearts together. My heart’s desire is to use this little piece of cyberspace to glorify our Father, the Creator of the Universe. I spent 38 years hungry after, chasing after, thirsty after something – something that would satisfy the longing in my soul for significance. I sought relationships, worldly success, possessions but ultimately, there was still a deep yearning for something more…
“Then God opened her eyes and she saw a well of water…” Genesis 21:19
Exhausted, chasing after things and feeling completely empty, I gave my life to Christ. I am now chasing after Jesus, the Living Water, running with everything I’ve got. Will you join me on this journey? I promise it will be incredible because there is absolutely nothing in this world like His glorious presence and anointing on your life. Life is hard and it is messy but He promises to always walk with us and when we stumble and fall, He promises to carry us. If we trust Him and believe Him, He will give us glimpses into His magnificence and the unfathomable depth of His Holiness. My life verse is Philippians 3:10 from the Amplified translation (a bit wordy but very descriptive):
“For my determined purpose is that I may know Him that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly, and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection which it exerts over believers, and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed in spirit into His likeness even to His death…” (emphasis mine)
So let’s get started on this journey together, I’m going to throw out a few random things you might find interesting about me. I would love to learn more about you in the future.
- I was born in Hong Kong.
- Besides being a Bible geek, I love gadgets, anything that makes life a little easier. I hope to post a few of my favorites in the future.
- I have an older sister, who lives in China. I’ve never met her. I hope to share her story with you on these pages. This story is still unfolding for me and my siblings. One day in the near future, I hope to travel to China to meet her and tell her about my Savior.
- I am a closet extrovert.
- I’m a tea drinker but I do love flavored coffees and can OD on McDonald’s caramel Frappes.
- I do not love chocolate; I know, that’s weird but I hope it will not be a stumbling block between us. If I was forced to eat chocolate and I had a choice, I would choose white chocolate.
- I love cute shoes – that’s all.
- I do not like roller coasters and I have a fear of heights but I went zip lining in the jungles of Costa Rica.
- I was an aerobics instructor in college.
- The look of vacuum tracks in freshly vacuumed carpet makes me happy.
There is song by Christy Nockels, “Into the Glorious”. I just love the lyrics:
I was made for more than this world could offer me
My heart to hold true mystery
My voice was made to fall on holy ears
My life to collide with majesty
Out from the ordinary into extraordinary
What if, our lives were truly made to collide with majesty?
What if, our lives could go from ordinary into extraordinary?
Right here where we are. Right in the midst of soccer practice, dirty dishes and carpool lines. God calls us into the extraordinary, my dear sister! Are you ready for a WILD ride? I am, and I don’t even like roller coasters!